AVM HYDRAULIC ACTUATOR
All features available, from simple on/off to advanced controls, such as regulation or failsafe.
A proven design..
The AVM Hydraulic Actuator is tailor made to be used on different valve types and designs.
We supply hydraulic actuators for:
- Butterfly Valves
- Combined Butterfly Check Valves
- Plug Valves
- Ball Valves
- Plug Valves or Ball Valves with Emergency Closure by Weights
- Gate ValvesWHY USE HYDRAULIC ACTUATORS?
|• Can be used instead of any mechanical drives, either manual or electrical
• Can be a simple cylinder to operate the valve in a linear movement (i.e. gate valves) or combined with a mechanism for rotational duty (i.e. butterfly valves, ball valves or plug valves)
Advantages versus electro/mechanical driven systems:
• Hydraulic cylinders are wear and maintenance free, and can last for many years without any issues. Electro/mechanical systems are at the other hand subject to wear and frequent maintenance, especially if operation frequency is high.
• In comparison electrical actuation is designed to have a safety margin of 3050% max., but hydraulic systems are designed to operate at a certain pressure (100 bar), while it is able to
|• handle double pressure (200 bar). This makes it possibility to solve problematic cases at site by manual hand pumps or external HPU’s
• Even though a separate HPU is needed next to the valve, the actuator itself is relatively compact compared to gear box + electric actuator combinations. This difference is even larger in case of big size valves. For huge valves, there are no other options suitable than hydraulic actuation.
• Hydraulic actuation allows the designer many options, i.e:
– Different force/torque and speed can be applied at open/close or in different stages of opening/closure. – Emergency closure (failsafe) with lever and weight assembly. – Secondary pumps in case of pump failure (not possible for electric systems).
– Can operate 24/7 continuously.