AVM HYDRAULIC POWER UNIT
Tailor Made Design
All features available, from simple on/off to advanced controls, such as regulation or fail safe.
Why use Hydraulic Actuators?
- Can be used instead of any mechanical drives, either manual or electrical
- Can be a simple cylinder to operate the valve in a linear movement (i.e. gate valves) or combined with some a mechanism for rotational duty (i.e. butterfly valves, ball valves or plug valves)
- Hydraulic actuation allows the designer many options, i.e:
– Different force/torque and speed can be applied at open/close or in different stages of opening/closure.
– Emergency closure (failsafe) with lever and weight assembly.
– Secondary pumps in case of pump failure (not possible for electric systems).
– Can operate 24/7 continuously.
AVM Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU):
Hydraulic Power Units usually consist of the following equipment:
- Motor(s) and hydraulic pump(s) to create the hydraulic pressure
- Pressure control valves to by-pass overpressure to the tank
- Manual and/or solenoid valves for directing flow to the required side of the cylinders
- Flow control valves to control speed of operation
- A hydraulic block combining these valves in a compact design
- Filters at suction and/or pressure side
- This equipment is assembled onto an oil tank, which is the oil reservoir
- Heater and/or cooler systems when necessary
- Oil level sensor
- Oil level gauge
- Pressure gauge
- Temperature sensor, if needed
- Control box, i.e. an electrical cabinet for controlling this equipment
- In addition to the hydraulic equipment quality/price level, the following equipment can be tailored to meet the client’s needs and requirements. These selections have a cost impact as well.
– Steel or Stainless Steel Tank
– Steel or Stainless Steel Control Box
– Steel or Stainless Steel Piping
– Steel or Stainless Steel Hose Ferrules and Fittings