Tramp Metal Detector
Prevent your profit from turning into scrap. Tramp Metal Detectors protect expensive crushers, conveyors and other process equipment from damage by tramp metal.
Designed for belt conveyors moving coal, iron pellets, minerals, aggregates and other bulk materials, Our Tramp Metal Detectors detect all types of metallic scrap that conventional metal detectors may miss, including bucket teeth, manganese steel mantles, bore crowns, bar scrap, chains and tools. It can even detect tramp metal when buried in wet conductive materials.
Tramp Metal Detector Features:
- Simple installation – no belt cutting, special tools or instruments.
- Microprocessor-based control unit automates system set-up and calibration.
- Operator interface provides easy-to-read indicators and simplified setup and system maintenance.
- Variable frequency eliminates interference from other electrical equipment.
- Quick Balance electronically balances the coil with the push of a key.
- Impact-and moisture-resistant PVC coils are mounted on a fiberglass support structure.
- Offset Swing Arm protects the coils and reduces breakage.
- Single coil (optional): A single, under-the-belt coil assembly eliminates damage from high burden depths and interference from overhead metal objects.
- Distance indication (optional): When incorporating a speed sensor, the tramp metal detector’s display shows the distance from the coil to the tramp metal in tenths of feet.
- Serial communications (optional): Plug in RS-485 communications board.